Tickets on sale now!
Star Trek Éire are proud to announce that John de Lancie will join us in Dublin, Ireland on Friday April 27th 2018!
The main reason we are so excited to host John is obviously due to his role as the omnipotent godlike ‘Q’ in Star Trek, a character appearing in some of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s best, and most important episodes, as well as in Deep Space Nine and Voyager. We also look forward to hearing about John’s other wonderful roles, from ‘Breaking Bad’, to ‘Stargate SG-1’, to ‘The Hand that Rocks the Cradle’, to name just a very small few! We hope you can join us!
The evening will be Star Trek themed, with a Ten-Forward style cocktail menu. There will be a talk with John, followed by a Q&A, where you the audience will get the opportunity to put your questions directly to John. We also plan to have a ‘Tribute to John de Lancie’, a Star Trek pub quiz, charity auction, raffle, and spot prizes.
You will also have the opportunity to purchase autographs and photos with John on the night.
Terms and Conditions are further down this page.
Friday, 27th April 2018 from 19:00 to late (IST)
- The Alex Hotel – Dublin City Centre– View Map
Getting to and from the Alex Hotel in Dublin, Ireland couldn’t be easier.
- The Aircoach from Dublin Airport stops on Merrion square around the corner from the hotel
- The Green Line LUAS line to Sandyford business park and Dundrum Town Centre and other destinations is less than a 10 minute walk
- The Red Line LUAS to Heuston station is less than a 15 minute walk from the hotel
- Pearse Street DART and rail station is 3 minutes walk from the hotel
- A taxi rank is located across the road from the hotel
- A selection of hop on hop off bus tours stop on Merrion Square
- Dublin Bike’s have a station on Merrion Square. Guests can register online and use this increasingly popular mode of transport to see the city.
- There are a range of Dublin bus routes that pass the hotel travelling to various destinations around the city
The car park for the The Alex, Davenport and Mont Clare Hotels is located on Fenian Street and is called Alexander Court. The cost for guests is €15.00 (this goes in line with the check-in time of 3pm and check out time of 12noon). The hourly fee before and after those times is €3 per hour. You will need a code to access this car park which can be obtained by telephone or by checking with the receptionist on check in.
Terms and conditions
- Star Trek Éire is a not-for-profit Star Trek fan group in Ireland who are just involved in this because of their love of Star Trek. Please go easy on us!
- The event is in a safe and fun environment. Respect to all is of the utmost importance.
- Attendees under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- We are honoured to be hosting a high profile guest. An appropriate level of respect and discretion is expected at all times from all present, including from those you are responsible for.
- Event starts at 7pm. Doors open 6pm approximately.
- Please print out your tickets to gain access to event, or display ticket on your phone.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Attendees must carry their ticket with them at all times.
- There are currently no VIP add-on tickets on sale. If they go on sale they are only available to those attending the main event.
- The organizer reserves the right to prohibit photography and recording during certain parts of the event, in certain areas and of certain persons. Audio-visual recordings at the event for commercial purposes are only allowed with prior written consent of the organizer. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, the attendee forfeits any personal rights to photos or recordings that they may appear in.
- We may change the event schedule without prior announcement. This establishes no right of diminution or right of withdrawal on the part of the participant. The organizer endeavors to ensure that quality of the event program will not be influenced by changes.
- We reserve the right to change location of the event to another location within Dublin, to change the event date, or to cancel the event at any time without giving a reason. In case of cancellations refunds will be given.
- Standard Tickets do not include autographs or photographs with John de Lancie. These may be purchased on the night.
- We are not liable for flaws in service and hospitality provided by the hotel.
- Instructions of members of Star Trek Éire and appointed persons must be obeyed.
- Please adhere to all safety and privacy notices.
- Any promotion or advertisement displayed at the event must be approved prior to the show in writing. We reserve the right to refuse advertisement during the event.
- We reserve the right to immediately remove anyone who creates a disturbance of any kind during the event, or displaying any unacceptable behavior or in not complying with event rules. In any of these cases, ticket payments made are deemed void. We reserve the right to take legal steps against those who severely disturb the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable. In certain situations refunds/part-refunds may be issued after the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: No video recording allowed during event. Autographs and photographs with our guest are available to purchase on the night.